Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The End

Why is it easy to start things, yet so hard to end them?? I could write pages and pages without so much as a thought but then come closing time I end up staring blankly at the screen/paper.

I took a break from Llewellyn to write a short story. I wrote it in less than a week, which was good and fine but now I've been stuck with how to end it. It's been a month now and I'm tempted to just stop with one of those open-ended endings but my last short ended more or less like that.

I like to finish things, I mean if I start it I should finish. When writing full lengths it gets frustrating though, after weeks and months passing without being done, so I break and write shorts just to satisfy that need to start and finish something.

My problem this time is that I have too many ending ideas and can't decide on which one to choose. :: sighs :: I guess I have no choice but to draw lots on this one..

No comments: