Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Rape of the Lock

It was said that I generally take things too seriously. A false accusation I conclude, resulting from the misinterpretation of an event that took place. I had described the event as I had seen and experienced it with my brand (registered tradmark I might add) of satire. That's when the misinterpretation took place. In my opinion, satirizing everyday experiences that would normally piss one to hell and back is very relaxing. (call me 'insanity' reborn, but it's true.) It's rather refreshing to know that in a situaution where most would call curses upon the head of the ones responsible for the misfortune (God excluded, I'm talking about the ones immediately responsible for a misfortune...ie: You are driving along and suddenly your tire pops off cuz the monkeys in the garage didn't put it on properly. ) u can sit back and actually laugh. That sounds crazy, I know but it works and is great for anger management...
It wasn't until reading Alexander Pope's The Rape of the Lock (back in English Literature in HS) did I truly and fully understand and appreciate satire.
This post is dedicated to one of my fonder memories of HS (lol that poem)....
On another note: Poor Shakespeare, out done by yet another underdog....

No comments: