Friday, March 13, 2009

Of Preludes and Queries

I wonder if it's just me, or do any other writers find writing the perfect query letter to potential agents/editors to be harder than actually writing the novel itself. It's understandable why they would want that letter, but they shouldnt be so nitpicky about it. They ought to come up with one unified standard query form which would leave writers to just fill in the blanks. If they like what they see then they could proceed with requesting pages/chapters or whatever. It would make life alot easier for all of us (them included since they are always complaining about not getting properly written queries).

Spring break is a good thing - VERY good thing. I had wanted to go to Kuwait this break, but it seems none of the little brothers (that I'd feel like holidaying for a week with) are off from school. Sux for me, I guess I'll have to be content to study, tackle that query letter and find something to keep me reasonably amused this week.

Lately my alter ego has been demanding a facebook account. I'm weighing the pros/cons of obliging such a request..

I guess I should go work on my first couple of query drafts. I hope you guys have a great weekend =)

No comments: