Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Friend's Pain

I try not to really think about it even though deep down I always hope that one day he’ll just miraculously walk in thru the front gate or one morning I’ll wake up and find him beside me curled in a cute ball of ruffled fur as he always used to do. There’s no denying the fact that I miss him more than anything. Of course I’ve lost friends before but I guess this is what it feels like to lose one’s best friend. It’s a pain that constantly remains with you, you can force yourself not to think about it and it retreats into a deep corner of your heart but the moment you aren’t actively fighting it it comes back hitting full force…

When is it going to heal? Is it even possible to heal?

“Once bitten, twice shy” Is that not how the saying goes? Yet I was a fool to be bitten once and then consenting to make it twice. And worse is the first wound amplified by the second…

When will this heal? Will it ever heal? This pain I carry and I feel…

2 comments: