Saturday, October 07, 2006

Freej: UAE's cultural contribution to the world


Absolutely hilarious, for any who want El Hazard's royal opinion of UAE's first animated show. It will definitely make the list of animations that I could watch more than once.

The Arabic show, created by a UAE national, is about those four bedu in the picture^

"FREEJ is the tale of four old national women living in a secluded neighborhood in modern day Dubai. The show’s main characters; Um Saeed, Um Saloom, Um Allawi and Um Khammas try to live a peaceful life in the midst of the ever-expanding city around them, but the city’s boom unveils new social issues every day that they would have to tackle solve in their own simple way. For those four old women, there is no issue too hard to crack with a good cup of coffee at Um Saeed’s house. " - Freej website

1 comment:

Bookworm said...

I've seen 3 eps so far and I'm passionately in love with it. That doesn't mean that I'm running off to the mall to get the latest freej lunchbox tho ;)

I can't really pass a judgment yet since I haven't watched the whole thing, but from what I've watched it seems realistic enough. Cutesy and man, how do those guys produce female voices like that?!

Um Saeed had me in fits the other day. I think I have an inner um Saeed :p